You are here: Information > General Information > Common Signs of Dyslexia > Funding for Dyslexia Assesements
Sponsor links
Email Bookmark and Share

Funding for Dyslexia Assesements

There are a number of options you can try to raise fund for a dyslexia assesement.

LEAs and Schools

Approach your Local Education Authority.

Dyslexia Institute Bursary Fund / DIBF Scotland

Help with tuition fees may be available, but funds are very limited. Applicants are required to give details of their personal circumstances and obtain a reference from somebody who knows the family.

Employment Service and LSCs

If you are unemployed contact your local Employment Service office.  Local Learning and Skills Councils (LSCs) may be able to part-fund accredited courses for Teaching Assistants.

Employers/Local Groups

Some employees are willing to meet fees for assessment and/or specialist tuition. Lions, Round Table and companies might also be able to help.

Local Bursary Funds

These are sometimes linked to the local Dyslexia Association groups - or Friends of the DI. Ask at your local Centre.

Education Trusts

These are listed in:

"The Directory of Grant Making Trusts" (pub. Charities Aid Foundation) - available in libraries;

"The Educational Grant Directory" by Luke Fitzherbert and Michael Eastwood; 

"A Guide to Grants for Individuals" available from:  The Directory of Social Change, Radius Works, Back Lane, London NW3 1 HL.

Your Family Doctor

If your GP refers for assessment, private medical insurers may consider paying the assessment fee. Some GP fundholders may be able to pay.

Copyright & Source: