Why Dyslexia is a Gift
The mental function that causes dyslexia is a gift in the truest sense of the word: a natural ability, a talent. It is something special that enhances the individual.
Dyslexics aren’t all the same, but they do share special traits:
- They can utilize the brain’s ability to alter and create perceptions (the primary ability)
- They are highly aware of their environment
- They are curious about how things work
- They think mainly in pictures instead of words
- They are highly intuitive and insightful
- They think and perceive multi-dimensionally (using all the senses)
- They have vivid imaginations
Copyright & Source: Ron Davis, "The Gift of Dyslexia", (c) 1995, 1997. Reprinted with Permission.